• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head issue???

tcorn1965

I have a Mimaki JV3-160sp when I do a nozzle check 95% of the cyan is missing. I pulled head out and with a syringe confirmed that there are NO blocked nozzles. So am I looking at a new head or should I be checking at other things like the slider board? As always any help is greatly appreciated!

Terry

housemusikid

Could be a busted o-ring or other loss of pressure in the line. You might be printing, but printing air.
+1

I just had this issue and I replace the o-rings on the dampers and voila! Last ditch effort will be a damaged head. I would look under the printheads and see with a flashlight. Just slide it all the way to the left and remove the silver cover and get underneath to look. If you see lines in the printhead, it will need replacing.

Also, check your ink cartridge. The pin that opens the cartridge could have a bit of ink clogging it.

MikePro

removing head to diagnose should be a last-ditch effort, since you now at the very least have to go through alignment procedures once reinstalled.

should have done an overnight headwash (set headwash, and turn off BOTH power switches on the printer) and posted pix of before/after.

radiohead223

have you checked the ribbon cables that connect the head to the slider board at all.

1/turn the machine fully off before swapping these

2/then swap any working head with the one that isn't

3/turn back on and test result

but before doing that to pump the ink back up into the head and test the o ring

1/ turn the machine off and push the heads back into the locked position on the capping station

2/ remove the ink line on your cyan capping station and slowly and gentle draw the ink through

3/ if you have ink your all good other wise time to have another look at new dampers, o rings or even dried ink lines

tcorn1965

Could be a busted o-ring or other loss of pressure in the line. You might be printing, but printing air.

Seems to be holding pressure, I did just replace dampers and O-Rings on LC and C...
I will see if maybe I am getting some vacuum leak...Thanks!

Terry

tcorn1965

removing head to diagnose should be a last-ditch effort, since you now at the very least have to go through alignment procedures once reinstalled.

should have done an overnight headwash (set headwash, and turn off BOTH power switches on the printer) and posted pix of before/after.

Will do tomorrow and post pics...Thanks Mike

tcorn1965

have you checked the ribbon cables that connect the head to the slider board at all.

1/turn the machine fully off before swapping these

2/then swap any working head with the one that isn't

3/turn back on and test result

but before doing that to pump the ink back up into the head and test the o ring

1/ turn the machine off and push the heads back into the locked position on the capping station

2/ remove the ink line on your cyan capping station and slowly and gentle draw the ink through

3/ if you have ink your all good other wise time to have another look at new dampers, o rings or even dried ink lines

Thanks Radio. I know dampers and lines are good, replaced with new, also ink pulls through as it should. I am a little concerned about O-Rings...Used the old ones...

Thanks,
Terry

tcorn1965

+1

I just had this issue and I replace the o-rings on the dampers and voila! Last ditch effort will be a damaged head. I would look under the printheads and see with a flashlight. Just slide it all the way to the left and remove the silver cover and get underneath to look. If you see lines in the printhead, it will need replacing.

Also, check your ink cartridge. The pin that opens the cartridge could have a bit of ink clogging it.

House,
Print head looks perfect...I am leaning towards O-rings...since I used old when replacing dampers and lines.

Thanks,
Terry

MikePro

an overnight headwash (set headwash, and turn off BOTH power switches on the printer) and posted pix of before/after.

NozzleWash, apologies.
Headwash is unnecessary and really only wastes ink. I'm a big fan of flushing cleaning solution through the dampers/heads with a syringe and following by flushing ink through the same way. This way you can also isolate individual channels and save a ton of $$$ on supplies.

tcorn1965

Many Thanks!

:thankyou: :signs101: :U Rock:

Once I changed out O-Rings and dampers, printing great now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, you saved me $800

Terry