• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head Misalignment - SP-300i Please Help!

Derke

I bought a used Roland Versacamm SP-300i a few months ago and it has been working great. We recently moved to a new location and I had a ton of issues getting it set back up. It was popping errors for the limit initialization and after much research and head scratching I figured out how to reset all of that and get it printing.

Now my problem is that the print heads seem to be misaligned. The magenta is about 1/16" offset to the right. I have been scouring the forums and the manual in search for a solution to this problem and can't seem to find it. To top it off, we won't have internet until later this week so I am trying to trouble shoot all of this with my phone. I've come up with nothing and I am stumped. I called my closest dealer for help and naturally their tech is out today. We are a very small company (just moved out of our basement into a commercial space) so I'd really like to find a DIY solution before spending hundreds of dollars on a service call. PLEASE HELP! I have attached pics of the issue as well as a view of the heads in cleaning mode(nothing seems off to me, but I don't really know what I'm looking for)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Also, having this misalignment issue I seem to be getting clogs in that magenta/yellow head now. So I really want to fix this problem as soon as possible so it doesn't keep getting worse. Will it hurt the printer to sit for a few days?

Attachments

• 20160404_135205.jpg
    20160404_135205.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,934
  • 20160404_144932.jpg
    20160404_144932.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 20160404_144937.jpg
    20160404_144937.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,531
  • 20160404_145538.jpg
    20160404_145538.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,509
  • 20160404_145932.jpg
    20160404_145932.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,452

Ragnabrok

Your horizontal alignment is very far out, it's an electronic adjustment so it shouldn't have been affected by a move. It could be perpetuated by the other physical head alignments. Since both MG/YE are dropping ink it's likely the cap not sealing to the head during cleaning causing the loss. Not necessarily a new cap needed, could be just the alignment of head to cap, or vise-versa (cap stuck down or twisted)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go into service mode and then the print head adjustment menu. Skip, "bias" and "vertical" and start with the horizontal alignments. It will print a pattern out and you just tell the machine what number lines up the best. Do this for the bi-directional default as well. After you are done with that, go into regular mode and run the bi-directional alignments there. This should fix the issue. It sounds like you reset the machine to factory defaults at some point and it just wiped out these alignments.

Getting Service Mode for your machine should be like this:

Back power switch should be on but the main power should be off (screen is not on).

Hit these buttons in order > down, right, left, up, right, down, left

The push and hold, left, down, right at the same time and power on.

You have about 5 seconds to get this right or else it will just say,"Service Mode Protected"

You can keep trying until you get it right and it won't lock up or anything.