• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head : Mutoh 1614a or Roland XC-540

ykapadia

• Mutoh 1614a has one wide print head.... 4 color machine, inks goes through the same head.
  • Roland XC-540 has six print heads... one for each colour. Six colour machine
Now I want to know which is better i.e. one printhead or Six ? Considering warranty, reliability etc as oppose to one or six print heads. Difinately six colour would give better colour. Also note that Mutoh and Roland resellers are not available in Fiji so in both cases I has to pay them to be here in Fiji for regualar six monthly servicing. ( I have to pay air travel/acc). I am concern if the heads fail prior to the service then I have to pay travel cost for maintenance for someone to come from Australia to Fiji.

Capital Signs

I would probably go with a mutoh in this case because of the cost of replacing each individual head. If you absolutely need better color, than go with the xc. But I think it may be easier for you to service the mutoh yourself, rahter than having to worry about the 6 heads.

Either way, if you do regular daily maintenance you should not have any problems...

sign&frame

The Roland xc 540 is tank and Colors are awesome.
I get great posters that are equal to my Epson and the XC series were built to be durable machine for long production runs.

randya

Color?

Roland Eco Max is Epson ink, Eco Ultra is Epson ink....same ink...so if you compare colors with these two ink sets....the only differences is RIPs and Profiles.

The ValueJet head uses the latest Epson head and has a smaller drop size, so instead of Lc and Lm you use smaller droplets C and M to fill in. In my own personal experience with identical images and good profiles, customers cannot distiguish color differnces between the ValueJet 2606 (six head, six color like the 540) and a ValueJet 1604 with the newer single Epson head all using the Eco Ultra ink sets.

Alignments - color to color - are fixed in a single head, making alignments easier and more stable....