• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head on ValueJet 1614 sticking at beginning of print, ERR 074 code

HTGR505b

We have a reoccurring Err 074 current code on our ValueJet 1614, seems to usually happen in the morning. The print head sticks just before beginning to print then we get the error code. Cleaned T-strip, changed sponge, head cleaning, did a head soak overnight. Still having the problem today. Any suggestions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This is a fairly common issue with ValueJets. The lock mechanism is sort of flimsy and bends over time which causes it to not unlock properly. You can test this idea by taping the lock down and running the machine. If it works fine, you probably just need to bend the lock bracket back into place.

AMGearhart

I have had trouble with the wiper and/or the lock getting "sticky". For me, a good cleaning of one or the other usually fixes it.

Joe House

This is a fairly common issue with ValueJets. The lock mechanism is sort of flimsy and bends over time which causes it to not unlock properly. You can test this idea by taping the lock down and running the machine. If it works fine, you probably just need to bend the lock bracket back into place.
Also make sure it is clean. Sometimes dried ink can gunk it up.

henryp

A firmware update will usually fix this issue, something to do with the timing between the release of the lock and when the carriage starts moving.