Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

print head out of alignment my prints are very fuzzy. it looks like i am getting the

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by nikkali, Sep 23, 2010.

1. nikkali

nikkali New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    print head out of alignment

my prints are very fuzzy. it looks like i am getting the same results every time i print. the bands (when i turn print color bands) are overlapping when i do each print. no matter how many times i do printADJUST. they don't clear up. can you give me any advice as how to fix? i have a picture of what i am talking about i can email you. please email me. sales@whynotadvertise.com
    thanks,
    Nik ingram

IMG_3362.jpg

2. BANNERS2GO

BANNERS2GO Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Tampa
    Try cleaning your encoder strip.

3. tbaker

tbaker Member

judging from the amount of slant and over lap you have there, your heads need to be mechanically adjusted, before you can calibrate at all. Have you had any serious media jams or had heads replaced? from what I'm seeing, I'd call in your tech, for the 2 hours they work on your printer, your print quality should increase drmatically.

4. zibby

zibby Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Windsor
    My prints are fuzzy as well but not that much. How did you fix it?