• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head please help !!

kustom.printing

DRamm76

I'm a little confused here...the second pic you uploaded looks like it's fine..so is your problem resolved? Or were they uploaded in reverse order?

Could be a cap top, but would need a little more information here

sfr table hockey

Watch for dried ink in the captops around the rubber seal. If drain lines sit for a couple days you can have ink dry up in them and cause a blockage. If during cleanings you see ink run out of both drain lines then you should be good there. If cap tops (filters) swell they can touch the underside of the heads and cause issues. The heads themselves can get a bit of blockage so that the lines miss fire and cause a test print to look wavey. Also if the wiper blade is dirty it can cause the same look caused by the head not getting wiped off propper and leaving globs of ink over the head.

Most of these are fixed by using a swab and cleaning fluid and cleaning around the heads and captops as well as wiper blade.

Take care not to rub the heads where the print jets or nosles are. Go around the outside of the head area as shown in the manuals for manual cleaning.