• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head Ranking

Arthur Sanchez

Must I do a Print Head ranking if I just pulled the heads to clean them and put them back?
How important is it to do a ranking ?
What is it's purpose?
I've had 2 techs say it really isn't needed.
What do I do if the heads don't line up over the cs?
A lot of dumb questions, But I'm sure there will be smart answers:)
Thanks

artbot

i had a long talk with a tech that refurbed epsons for a living. he said the same thing. he even did his own testing messing with head ranks all over the range, and the print heads printed exactly the same regardless. so who know, but that getting to be a lot of techs agreeing with each other.

randya

The head ranking is critical for optimal varible dot performance.
The formation and placement of the various drop sizes depends on the head ranking that testing determined the head to perform at.

While at first glance you may not notice, across the board you will get more even consistant performance.
Hey, it is a calibration, folks.
You may not 'need' it, but you will not get the best performance without it.

But removing the head doesnt erase the ranking.

Reset "HOME" position to get the carriage over the CS.

Ghost Prophet

Reset "HOME" position to get the carriage over the CS.
How do I do That?

Don't know what printer you have but on my Falcon Outdoor I have to hold down the top 3 menu buttons while the printer is turning on to get to the extra special service menu (lol)... Then scroll down with my menu/down button and hit enter when on "diag: adjustments", then enter again when it says "adj: home"... something to that effect...