Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print Head

Discussion in 'Roland' started by jason91, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jason91

jason91 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    knoxville
    Is there a way to recovery(clean) a dx4 print head? Internally? I've seen the print head doctor machine on youtube, but that thing is 2 thousand dollars? There has got to be a way to flush out the clogs that doesn't cost 2k? Anybody done it? Print Heads are so expensive I'm suprised this hasn't been talked about. Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. Gabriel

Gabriel Member

Apr 7, 2011
    :)

I think this problem was discussed so many times. Yes it's true.. the print heads are expensive. You could try to pump some cleaning solvent through the nozzles with a syringe. That opperation must be done very gently and requires a lot of patience.
    How expensive are the print-heads in US? In Europe you can find them at DigiPrint Supplies with 560 eur. That a very good price for an original Epson print-head.

3. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    I paid $925 @ JSI