• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print heads and Inks

tjsigns

Hi Guys, i just purchashed my first solvent printer, its a second hand mimaki jv3 160 sp. It was printing ok in the sign shop but the black inks were very low and the magenta head was bad. I bought it with the intention of putting a new magenta head in. After a previous post i was advised to go throught the cleaning stages of the printer and found the capping station wasnt sucking on the magenta head, after further investigation i found the rubber tube underneath was blocked with dried ink. I removed the full capping station and cleaned it all with solvent cleaning solution. After refitting i was able to perform a full clean on the black and magenta heads and they come good. The yellow however still isnt good. Ive left the printer heads soaking in a nozzle wash all nigh and will perform another clean tomorrow to see if this improves the yeallow and blue head. I have an ultrasonic cleaner and was gonna try that to see if it will unblock the heads.
I am also having issues with some of the spare inks showing low. Tha machine dosnt actually read low just the number. If i check to see what the number is on the cartridges when i install the spare inks they only show as number 1. Ive tried numerous cartridges all of which fell pretty full. The firmware when the machine starts up shows as 7. The date is showing 2005 and the cartridges are showing as 2012. Can i still use them? They are all mimaki ss inks. It would be a shame not to as there are 4 Magentas and 6 Cyan.
Thanks in advance

George

Attachments

• 20130227_175512.jpg
    20130227_175512.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 64

particleman

Have you visually inspected the bottom of the yellow head? That sort of pattern is sometimes a bad head strike.

DGpartsmall008

HI, sounds like you are experienced wide format printer user! I posted a lot of large format printer solution and maintenance ways on this blog:

So, hope any of those could help u out of ur problem!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

genericname

HI, sounds like you are experienced wide format printer user! I posted a lot of large format printer solution and maintenance ways on this blog:

So, hope any of those could help u out of ur problem!

Cheers

We already have a site with "a lot of large format printer solution and maintenance ways". It's called Signs101.

Three posts, two of them are identical plugs for your site, and you're not a merchant member? That's a no no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, i just purchashed my first solvent printer, its a second hand mimaki jv3 160 sp. It was printing ok in the sign shop but the black inks were very low and the magenta head was bad. I bought it with the intention of putting a new magenta head in. After a previous post i was advised to go throught the cleaning stages of the printer and found the capping station wasnt sucking on the magenta head, after further investigation i found the rubber tube underneath was blocked with dried ink. I removed the full capping station and cleaned it all with solvent cleaning solution. After refitting i was able to perform a full clean on the black and magenta heads and they come good. The yellow however still isnt good. Ive left the printer heads soaking in a nozzle wash all nigh and will perform another clean tomorrow to see if this improves the yeallow and blue head. I have an ultrasonic cleaner and was gonna try that to see if it will unblock the heads.
I am also having issues with some of the spare inks showing low. Tha machine dosnt actually read low just the number. If i check to see what the number is on the cartridges when i install the spare inks they only show as number 1. Ive tried numerous cartridges all of which fell pretty full. The firmware when the machine starts up shows as 7. The date is showing 2005 and the cartridges are showing as 2012. Can i still use them? They are all mimaki ss inks. It would be a shame not to as there are 4 Magentas and 6 Cyan.
Thanks in advance

George

Hi george

the test draw showing some nozzles giving cross firing for this clean the head with cleaning solution and check head height it should be 1.5mm and

for yellow blockage check capping assy then fill the dampers and apply ink fillup may be some air in head