• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Heads Fail to Configure Oce 250gt

Bscoggins

Any insight on troubleshooting this problem greatly appreciated.. Newbie to the forum but have a wealth of info regarding the 250 gt and roland 545 ex..

Saw a post from another member in 2014 but did not see a resolution regarding this issue,, I'm thinking its possibly the print head ribbon strips..

Any thoughts on that and how to obtain a service key.. I'm told oce will possibly sell one.. Any help appreciated

AlsEU

If the printer can't configure the head, it may be caused by damaged ribbon cable, but this is quite easy to verify - switch off the printer and swap ribbons between faulty head and any other, then switch on the printer again and check, if the same printhead isn't working (this means that the ribbon is ok). I would say that either the printhead itself is dead electronically or the carriage board is damaged. Oce doesn't sell the SDS keys to printer users, I'm afraid.

Bscoggins

Ok Thanks,,

I was thinking printer ribbons so I'll need to source those somewhere,, FYI I discovered OCE will indeed sell you a service key but they are machine specific and cant be used on other machines.. They are sending me one..

Hopefully with that access I can pinpoint my exact problem,,

Thanks for the tip!

AlsEU

SDS key may help you, but sometimes you just have to replace something to be 100% sure, so try to get spare ribbon and/or printhead.