Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

print heads not firing

Discussion in 'Roland' started by anozira02, Sep 18, 2012.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Got issues with Cj-500 such as a message Temperature is too low,, somehow I manage to try to do test print but not laying down ink, also now it gives me Encoder error and ask to shut down the printer. Also noticed as soon as I push the setup key the main board LED light will come on but the LED on the head carriage board wont light up... The head carriage board is new but possibly no good?

Tags:
  2. Rafael_Tech

Rafael_Tech New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Some ideas

Hi,
    1. Clean the encoder with alcohol
    2. If the head carriage board led is not on, check the cables that come from the Main Board to the head carriage.
    2. If printer says "temperature low" your black printhead may be damaged but first make sure the cables are properly inserted in the sockets.

Hope these helps on finding the problem.

3. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I checked all the print cables, they all look just fine,,, I am a little suspicious of the encoder sensor may gotten fried when the printer shorted out.. Also when I checked the continuity at the fuse on the power board I was getting nothing,,, but the printer still comes online...