• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print heads not firing

anozira02

Got issues with Cj-500 such as a message Temperature is too low,, somehow I manage to try to do test print but not laying down ink, also now it gives me Encoder error and ask to shut down the printer. Also noticed as soon as I push the setup key the main board LED light will come on but the LED on the head carriage board wont light up... The head carriage board is new but possibly no good?

Rafael_Tech

Some ideas

Got issues with Cj-500 such as a message Temperature is too low,, somehow I manage to try to do test print but not laying down ink, also now it gives me Encoder error and ask to shut down the printer. Also noticed as soon as I push the setup key the main board LED light will come on but the LED on the head carriage board wont light up... The head carriage board is new but possibly no good?

Hi,
1. Clean the encoder with alcohol
2. If the head carriage board led is not on, check the cables that come from the Main Board to the head carriage.
2. If printer says "temperature low" your black printhead may be damaged but first make sure the cables are properly inserted in the sockets.

Hope these helps on finding the problem.

anozira02

I checked all the print cables, they all look just fine,,, I am a little suspicious of the encoder sensor may gotten fried when the printer shorted out.. Also when I checked the continuity at the fuse on the power board I was getting nothing,,, but the printer still comes online...