• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print heads problem

mrdummy

Hello, i have some problems with Soljet SC-500.

Problem 1:
When not used for a while, i discovered the color mixing in one head part. For example YLmLc are fluid to other heads and i get wrong colors when printing.
Why does this color mixing happens sometimes? Yellow must stay clean, but it's mixed with Lm color. :(
Have also seen it earlier with KCM head part. Then Cyan color is black instead of Cyan. I must flush it away to get color back. But color mixing is very annoying problem because heads uses same sponce / parking part.

Problem 2:
I discovered the Lc head has dried parts in sponce of parking head. When i do the testprint patterin, half of nozzles are dried or blocked.
And later, Yellow head has also almost 50% blocked.

See the image for print pattern. The Lc head causes also some spreading inks when prints and that makes the prints a bit dirty.

The cleaning system seems working okay because the pumps can pump wasted ink away. I have tried to remove the dried nozzles with thinner at below, but it seems not solved the problem. I have flushed heads many times, but no any improvement.

New heads are like 150 Euro. And i cannot enter the system maintenance mode. The firmware is 4.10. How can i make the nozzles open or is it like impossible work?

You may tell about both problems. Thank you.

Attachments

• headtest.jpg
    headtest.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 129

sfr table hockey

I find with these printers you need to flush the drain lines quite often so that they are clear from blockages. You should buy some solvent cleaning solution to use.

You can try to just blow air through the lines to see if they are blocked or not. Just remove the white pump tube from the front sides of the captops and attach a syringe and blow air through. If you can then the lines are ok. The other line you have to look at is the clear line that hooks under the captops and over to the right onto that small rectangular block with nibs on the right side. This rectangle block moves to the right when the heads are parked and pushes up against a spring loaded flat tab. This action blocks the nibs creating a seal and lets the pump draw ink when pumping. If those clear lines are not clear you get weird things happen.

Next is to just hook a syringe with a bit of the white tube and connect direct to the right captop where the pump was connected and park the heads and draw some ink through the captops and thus recharge the heads.

Your test print shows the colors backwards to what the printer prints. I would assume that you just flipped you photo and you actually have the inks in the right order.

You need the service manual and I can give you info on a guy over there that might be able to get you heads. Send me a message with your email and I can send the service manual.

Also if the sponge part in the captops touches the heads or (most likely what happening) is that the ink is pooling in the captops and the ink it going back into the heads mixed and thus contaminates the other colors till the head discharges the mixed ink. If a cart is low it tends to draw a bit of pressure and that will be the head color that gets mixed most times.

mrdummy

The scan is indeed 180 degrees rotated. All colors are right.
I have seen the pumps for drain ink are working, because i see liquid is moving in the tubes. Only the small black block at right is not checked.

The sponge plates in captops bulges a bit up. It touches pretty sure the print heads when in parking state. This is perhaps not good, right?

I want only flush only LcLmY heads, for example remove it from headholder and flush it with thinner or solvent cleaning fluid with more pressure from above.
Or is it only possible when heads are charged?

And the color mixing, what is the best prevention?

Email: mrdummy at gmail com for service manual

And do you know how get into the service mode software? I have follow arrow keys but it seems not work.

Thank you.

sfr table hockey

No you don't want the filters in the captops to bulge out and touch the heads. You can possibly buy just the filters for the captops. I have through my Roland dealer and installed them a year ago and they worked fine. If you are in a real bind, you could try to remove the filters and clean a bit and then fold them in half the long way. Then install them back so the fold points down into the captop like this " V " so that when you set the filter back under the captop edges the fold helps keep the filter down and not bulge up as easy. Again only if you can't get new ones. This is how the directions show to install the new filters into the captops.

Yes get some cleaning solution and fill the captop and set the heads back over them for a couple hours and do a cleaning cycle. This is when you might get a bunch of fluid into the clear lines that hook under the captops. You will have to clear them later. I also have taken the dampers off and injected a bit of cleaning solution into each nib (3) for that head and then do a cleaning and repeat. Then once you put the dampers back on you will need to draw ink into the head by way of a syringe connected with a tube to the captop and draw ink into the syringe. A couple cleanings and see what the test print shows.