• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print issue - advice needed

Rage Wraps

Hey guys I was hoping someone could educate me on why I am seeing this issue in my prints. I am using Avery MPI 1005 and printing it with a GS6000. It is intermittent as well. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 132

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Hey guys I was hoping someone could educate me on why I am seeing this issue in my prints. I am using Avery MPI 1005 and printing it with a GS6000. It is intermittent as well. Any thoughts?

It look like the material can not take too much ink. Try lower the ink limit or use different material.

Artworks

Artworks

Could be a bad roll...Have you tried contacting Avery?

TimToad

Is it only doing it on the heavily saturated colors or is the distressed pattern running through everything regardless of color?

Rage Wraps

I was thinking maybe a bad roll also but that will be the second one out if the last four. At first I thought the heavily saturated colors as well but there was an entire field of straight black and it didn't do it also. Plus I ran it twice and it did it in different spots as well.

Rage Wraps

Here is another. Now that big field of black had no issue. A couple of fish eyes but that's about it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 127

Rage Wraps

Ok I have had it with Avery. 4 out of the last 5 rolls have been bad. Once again today I wasted my time, energy and money on 1005ezrs and the same results keep happening. No matter what heat setting, profile change or print setting I keep getting the same result. So then I switch media and run the same file with all the same profile, heat and print settings and these issues go away. I guess it is back to 3M. If anyone has any other advice I am all ears.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Sorry to hear. I used to love Avery EZRS as well.... But now I'm back to 3M V3. Never any issues.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Sorry to hear. I used to love Avery EZRS as well.... But now I'm back to 3M V3. Never any issues.
Ah.. those EZ1005 vinyl... I stopped using it long long time ago because of this kind of problem. If I recall correctly each roll of vinyl came with a testing print to show that the roll had passed the quality test. My question is... if the vinyl is good why does the need to include a test print on each roll???

Rage Wraps

Test print with each roll? I have never seen that. The crappy part is how nice it is to work with. I am going to get a roll from a different supplier and see if there is a difference. If so I am going to tell my main supplier their entire stock might be old or damaged.

CreatedDesigns

I got a roll of 1005EZ a few weeks ago. I told the sales guy I was a little bit scared to try a roll based of past issues all the people on Signs 101 have been having. He assured me that it would be fine and would refund my money if it didn't work out. It printed fine for the first 10' on a 3M 180 profile 12 pass high ink bidirectional. Then started the problems went and got the Avery profile was good for about 3' then same issues tried less ink more cure and every thing in between same issues. So after printing out 60' of issues I called the sales rep they sent me a call tag to send samples back to Avery. I was determined a bad roll and I was refunded my money. So now I only use 3M IJ180C-V3 or Oracal 3751RA I never seem to have a problem with any of either of these two companies vinyl. On a side not when it did print it was great. Great colors and the lam was great also I liked it better than the Oracal 290G I normally use (maybe just because it was on a plastic backer instead of paper). And it seemed to create less static than the 3M 8518.

Rage Wraps

Ok, so I tried a roll from another vendor and so far no issues. Now I have four rolls of avery that are unusable and still no refund.

AF

WRONG!!!! Done with Avery, back to shortened 3M rolls now.

Time to weigh your rolls and hit your vendor up for a price adjustment every time they short you. To be fair, pay extra on the rare case where you get too much on a roll.