• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Issue with over spray and banding

racinron16

My VP 300 has been giving me fits for weeks. Atleast all the heads are printing now but I'm getting like a mist or oversray around edges that make image look fuzzy. Any Ideas??

WI

If it's cold and dry in your shop, it might be a static issue. That's the problem we're having with our 640.

WI

I assume your test-print is small? Likely not enough time to build up the amount of charge (or whatever) required to mess up your print.

You can kill static with humidity, there are also a few hacks that involve dryer sheets and Christmas tinsel. However, before you go chasing that white rabbit, clean the thing, make sure your head-height isn't set to "high" while you're printing on vinyl (not sure how the VP 300 deals with head-height, but w/e) and make sure that your machine is on a level surface, the basics.