• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Issue with VersaCamm VP-540

lavish909

Can anyone help me out with this before I look thru the manual, No matter what I do my prints turn out like this...Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance! Thomas

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 91

Replicator

Does this happen when you do a test print ?

Even though you are only printing RED, are all your colors printing in a test ?

Have you done any head cleanings . . . Automated or manual ?

Melodie.pixel

a test print is first thing just to check if your heads are not damaged and if all colors are printing correctly but do you print on thick material? it looks from the picture as if the head was scrubbing against the material, i would check if your head level is at the highest....
Mel

cdiesel

We really need to see a test print.. At first it looks like a media issue, but if it's happening throughout the roll then that's highly unlikely.

dekaltrim

I have never seen something similar. make a print and use both heads. If problem is on both (black,cyan or magenta, yellow) it´s possibly a problem with sponge (sponge touch heads?) or something in the heads "way". I don´t think its a cleaningproblem it often more gives more randon disturbs.

If you get problem on only magenta/yellow heads a should look at dampers. Another thing i just think about is if you have un-balance in volym between magenta and yellow. If you fill up magenta and yellow is nearly empty you can get stranges result.

Mainframe

The 540 has 4 heads, did you print anything after the bad print to makes sure it isn't a one time problem?

Replicator

Don't you just love it when a noob comes in here and asks for help and then doesn't return to acknowledge the responses !

WTF?

MachServTech

I wonder what kind of material that they are printing on. Not enough cotrast to tell if there is a pattern in the vinyl or if the vertical lines are digitally generated. If it is smooth vinyl then it is definitely digitally produced. That would mean check the printhead, cable and controller board.

lavish909

First off I AGAIN want to thank everything for the help! I have tried some regular cleanings, Med cleanings and also did a test print with good results. I will look into the other suugestions some of you have given! NOW....REP, how much time do you really have on your hands to check in on me? I want to apologize for having work within my other business's and not being able to get on here soon enough to thank you again for your suggestions!!! Maybe one day I can be like you and spend my whole day on signs101! Thanks Thomas

Melodie.pixel

Hi I was just thinking, what rip do you use? i have come up with a problem once where Flexi was printing at one place and cutting all over the place or deciding to print where ever it felt like it, I just reset flexi to default and all came back to normal

just a thought ;)

Replicator

NOW....REP, how much time do you really have on your hands to check in on me? I want to apologize for having work within my other business's and not being able to get on here soon enough to thank you again for your suggestions!!! Maybe one day I can be like you and spend my whole day on signs101! Thanks Thomas

Well, lavish909 . . . I would certainly like to apologize to you for jumping on you like that.

My name is REPLICATOR and I'm a :signs101:AHOLIC . . . !