• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print issues 1624

darkorical

I recently was told our 1624 was not printing correctly so I began investigating. first I discovered lots of dried ink in the waste lines. and that there had been no maintenance (even weekly) since the machine was new nearly 3 years ago. I took the capping station apart and cleaned it and discovered the pump was bad. so I ordered and replaced the maintenance station and dampers too while I was at it. After getting it all back together and doing an ink charge and a couple cleans and testing again I was still not getting even half of a nozzle check pattern. So I took the head back off and pulled Cleaner up through it and managed to extract several particles. Afterward I pushed cleaner through and was able to get what I refer to as a clean curtain out of the head on all channels. So I reassembled everything again and did another ink charge and clean another nozzle check only produced a few lines from the first black. however further testing shows it is printing colors altho very poorly see image attached.
I started
the pattern print and saw that it was printing some colors but poorly so I had it do a nozzle check and got next to nothing then I tried a color verify to see what it would print and these results make no sense to me... do any of you out there have thoughts?

Attachments

• Print Issues.jpg
    Print Issues.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 155

darkorical

last night when I left I set it up to do a head soak when I came in this morning and did a nozzle check it began printing before the media and fired black and magenta heads all the way across when I attempted the color verify it printed approximately the same thing again but this time with a solid magenta coating so it seems that it now wants to always print magenta if its printing anything at all. however it is still not an even coverage I am starting to lean towards having a bad head but I seem to remember a similar issue with a mimaki years ago with one head continually firing due to bad ribbon cables. Anyone have thoughts?

J Hill Designs

last night when I left I set it up to do a head soak when I came in this morning and did a nozzle check it began printing before the media and fired black and magenta heads all the way across when I attempted the color verify it printed approximately the same thing again but this time with a solid magenta coating so it seems that it now wants to always print magenta if its printing anything at all. however it is still not an even coverage I am starting to lean towards having a bad head but I seem to remember a similar issue with a mimaki years ago with one head continually firing due to bad ribbon cables. Anyone have thoughts?

photo would help, but it does sound like bad data to head (cables not seated, dirty, etc)

darkorical

I'm going to pull them again today and make sure there is no ink on them but it will still leave me with the initial issue. and if that issue is a bad head then I may just wait and get all new parts all at once.