• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print-laminate-cut gremlin OUSTED!

ashleighfiddler

I have a Roland Soljet SR640. We bought it new last year and I have had an intermittant, inconsistent problem with cutting material after laminating using the crop marks in versaworks. 9 times out of 10 jobs would come out fine- the 10th would be WAYYYY off in the scan direction, and i would just have to keep running it until it decided to cut it right. No ties to any environmental factors, settings, anything that i could pinpoint, not affected by running the print-cut calibrations, as the cuts are either right on or wayyy off.

I've had roland maintenance out several times with no clue what to replace, until the tech casually mentioned that I could try left-justifying the print instead of checking the box to "center on the media" in VW, as it was known to give more consistent results. Tried it, ran the problematic jobs again, and they cut fine.

Throwing this out there in case anyone is having a similar issue. I had never heard that centering or not centering could affect the cut output in any way, and i have been operating roland machines for about 7 years. So far it seems to be a solution in my extremely frustrating and long-running problem.

AF

Always a good feeling when you find a workaround to an obnoxious problem. With our print / lam / cut workflow I have found that left justifying and having a specified left margin ensures that nothing funny happens. Hope your fix works 100%!