• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print on glass without coating

Jane

Hi, someone who knows is there some ink can print on glass without coating? Thank you!

rfulford

I have pretty good luck with my sericol EF inks in my Inca. I would not consider it permanent or durable but good enough for second surface applications where the print surface will not be touched.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe there are adhesion promoters for glass. With our printer, we don't really need it and have only done a few, but like rful, we generally print in reverse on the backside.

beermonster

had fantastic success with nazdar inks. also tried sun and du pont inks and they were shocking

clean the glass well with meths, make sure it's dry and away ya go

just to back this up did a 3 metre lump of toughened for a kitchen - and it looked stunning

have done lots on glass, smaller stuff too - a beauty is you can scrape off the inks if you screw up - so go ahead have a go getting nazdar ink off! have had to do it a few times and man it sticks like "doo dar" to the proverbial blanket!

other inks - ya know what we did - we put some adhesive vinyl on the back for the tape test - ripped off the vinyl and the whole entire image came off and looked like an awesome sticky vinyl picture! rubbish adhesion.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
So far, there is only glass ink can do that, but it needs to be fired to about 600c degree. Then can be cured.
If for UV inks, the adhesion can not doing well on glass, expecially the float glass. And the adhesion will affect by humidity..
But you can look at Jetrix and SwissQprint, which can print primer for glass. Will be a choice.

sowinski_t

I've succesfully printed on glass with an OCE 250GT, with no adhesion promoter. Quite good adhesion I would say. Just cleaned very well with iso alcohol.