• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print on JV33 became a bit blurry

Brilliant

Hello,

My prints on Mimaki JV33 suddenly became a bit blurry. I print vector files through EPS format. Never had this issue.. all lines were perfectly straight and colors were solid, but now it's like the ink spreads a bit as it hits the vinyl.. making it look blurry.

Here's a preview of what my print looks like now

this image is small size, around 3" tall. It's not a big problem in large prints, but my work requires I print small images daily... so this is an issue, as the smaller the image, the more the blurry effect shows. You can see how the colors blend together even though I'm printing solid colors through eps format.

I thought it might be the heating settings, as temperatures got higher during the summer, but I played around with temp settings and it didn't fix anything.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you

lulok07

Hi
I think that you load too much ink for such small objects or the ink dot is to large for them.
Try to print with less ink density.

Letterbox Mike

Your bidirectional calibration is off, either because the head height accidentally got changed, or just from use (I've noticed over time it can "creep" a bit and needs periodic re-calibration. Double-check your head height is where you want it and the set screws are tight (DON'T overtighten them, just thumb tight) and then run the bi-dir calibration, that'll solve the issue.

4R Graphics

Do you have any deflected nozzles this will cause that effect especially on small graphics.

Also are you printing in High quality mode that could cause this type of issue as well sometimes.