• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print on magnet on the latex?

quicksigns

Have anyone tried to print on the hp latex printer yet? I've ordered the thinner printable material, but afraid to stick it into the machine.

dypinc

Have anyone tried to print on the hp latex printer yet? I've ordered the thinner printable material, but afraid to stick it into the machine.

Magnet material prints fine on the L25500. The last Digamag I ran through would not take much heat (could set the curing heat above 80). I ran it a 24 pass and could get good enough drying and curing, as it get over-laminated anyway. The manufactures profiles were showing 105 for curing, and manufacture or maybe I should say distributor says I should not have had that problem. There is a new roll in a box here, hopefully it will be different.

The funny thing is a have a roll of older no digital printing magnet that that takes the heat just fine. Just has some defects is the vinyl coating.

These are both .030 and lay flat just fine with 60 to 80 on the vacuum setting.

signswi

Works fine as long as the printable magnet provider shows HP compatibility on their product page. There are at least a couple that do, we've tried two, both were fine.

Suz

Like Matt, I'm also curious about different brands because I want to do some of these myself.

Heres an added question: Would you recommend laminating the printed magnets if for outdoor usage? Just wondering.

:thankyou:

What brands did you guys use? I have had inquiries about this too, but didn't have the guts to run it through my machine.

Smacka

Heres an added question: Would you recommend laminating the printed magnets if for outdoor usage? Just wondering.

If you are printing on the L25500 you will want to laminate them even if its for indoor use. The Latex ink will give you a matte finish so to make it shiny, lam it.

Suz

Thanks Smack! Will do, when I do magnets.

If you are printing on the L25500 you will want to laminate them even if its for indoor use. The Latex ink will give you a matte finish so to make it shiny, lam it.

ProColorGraphics

Magnet material prints fine on the L25500. The last Digamag I ran through would not take much heat (could set the curing heat above 80). I ran it a 24 pass and could get good enough drying and curing, as it get over-laminated anyway. The manufactures profiles were showing 105 for curing, and manufacture or maybe I should say distributor says I should not have had that problem. There is a new roll in a box here, hopefully it will be different.

The funny thing is a have a roll of older no digital printing magnet that that takes the heat just fine. Just has some defects is the vinyl coating.

These are both .030 and lay flat just fine with 60 to 80 on the vacuum setting.

What brand are you using?

Suz

Hey dypinc,

bumpi'n this for Matt, I'd like to know too. What brand works with the latex?
Thanks!!! :)