Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

print on matte laminate with gloss?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by gabagoo, Oct 6, 2010.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I f I print on a matte vinyl, then laminate with gloss will it look similar to printing on gloss and laminating with gloss.
    A dunm question , but I figure I might get a response here faster than actually trying it out.
    I ask as I just realized I dont have enough gloss vinyl in stock to complete this order

Tags:
  2. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    good question. If you print gloss and laminate gloss and put it next to a matte laminated gloss. The GG will be glossier than MG. (richer color)

I think you should be fine though. We do this often. No will notice but you.

3. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

yup, we do it if we're too lazy to switch out to gloss vinyl. The finish of the laminate is the finish of the final print, the underlying vinyl will not affect the laminate finish at all.

4. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    you guys are the best

thanks

Pat? What calendered vinyls do you use?

5. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    thanks