• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print or Cut, But not Both

LanceWest

Hello All.

I am running a Mimaki CJV 150-75 with CCMMYYKK SS21 inks. For the last year or so things have worked fine without much issue. Today we hooked up a Graphtec Plotter and it runs fine. Now any time I try to run a Print/Cut job on the Mimaki it fails. PS Interpreter Panic Error. I can print with it fine. I can cut with it. but if I try the combination of the two it fails. Any Ideas?

I have already uninstalled the program for the other plotter and disconnected it to no avail.

TimToad

RL6 has had a few updates in the last year. Might want to make sure you're current on that as well as Andy's suggestion.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Hello All.

I am running a Mimaki CJV 150-75 with CCMMYYKK SS21 inks. For the last year or so things have worked fine without much issue. Today we hooked up a Graphtec Plotter and it runs fine. Now any time I try to run a Print/Cut job on the Mimaki it fails. PS Interpreter Panic Error. I can print with it fine. I can cut with it. but if I try the combination of the two it fails. Any Ideas?

I have already uninstalled the program for the other plotter and disconnected it to no avail.

This could be a result of any number of things, starting with file prep and applications that would be used in production. A Mimaki printer and cutter would obviously run independently of each other. A third party RIP should be able to drive the printer/cutter combination independently, regardless if other applications are installed or not. I would ask which hardware/software is throwing the error.

I would start by asking what software is being used, and what the preflight methodology/sequence may be. I can connect you with a Mimaki if needed.

LanceWest

Okay, I am using RasterLink 6 through CorelDRAW. Pretty much I create the design, convert it to pantone (Other color spaces come out really dark due to bad profiling) then send it to RasterLink. It all goes fine up to there. I can cut the design without incident. I can print the design. But when I try to use the Cut<-->Rip and Print option it tells me that an error has occurred before Errordict has ben setup and to check my init files.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Okay, I am using RasterLink 6 through CorelDRAW. Pretty much I create the design, convert it to pantone (Other color spaces come out really dark due to bad profiling) then send it to RasterLink. It all goes fine up to there. I can cut the design without incident. I can print the design. But when I try to use the Cut<-->Rip and Print option it tells me that an error has occurred before Errordict has ben setup and to check my init files.

Sounds like the software files got messed up somehow. I would re-install Rasterlink.

TimToad

Are you using the "convert cutline" function in RL6 for all your strokes? You just add another layer, select all your cutlines in the file, one click and it converts that stroke to the preferred spot color, weight and limit. Then you just move all the cutlines to their own layer and send to print.

We've only owned our Mimaki a few months, but once we worked the kinks out, it's been pretty great. The idiots we were told to buy our printer from is another story on multiple fronts and when doing the setup, they loaded a couple year old version of Rasterlink6 and that gave us lots of print-cut issues until fully updated. They have lost out on all of our post-purchase consumable sales and thanks to all the help, good advice and service one of our awesome members, SolventInkjet provides, they have earned them.

LanceWest

So here is a weird development. I logged into a secondary account on the computer and it worked fine. The file I was trying to use is a standard of ours. I have printed, and cut, several hundred of them. the job stays in RasterLink's job list. It shouldn't be a problem with that file.

LanceWest

Are you using the "convert cutline" function in RL6 for all your strokes? You just add another layer, select all your cutlines in the file, one click and it converts that stroke to the preferred spot color, weight and limit. Then you just move all the cutlines to their own layer and send to print.

We've only owned our Mimaki a few months, but once we worked the kinks out, it's been pretty great. The idiots we were told to buy our printer from is another story on multiple fronts and when doing the setup, they loaded a couple year old version of Rasterlink6 and that gave us lots of print-cut issues until fully updated. They have lost out on all of our post-purchase consumable sales and thanks to all the help, good advice and service one of our awesome members, SolventInkjet provides, they have earned them.

usually I make my cut lines buy placing an outline around the whole of the image, making it slightly larger, then outlining the all again. I have used the "Frame Extraction" tool. And still do sometimes. I don't know about the "Convert Cutfile" you mentioned.

JM4Designs

Hello All.

Curious if you ever got this resolved... Just started getting this error message from Rasterlink seemingly randomly, but very frequently.
I have reinstalled Rasterlink and the printer drivers twice now and the issue persists.

APC Tech NE

Are you running windows 10? We have seen Rasterlink develop problems due to recent updates pushed to W10 computers.You may be able to roll back the last update for Windows or update Rasterlink to the latest rev.
Also, check the firmware revision on the printer. Sometimes when you update Rasterlink it modifies the drivers and it only works correctly with the latest firmware. The latest revision for the CJV150 is currently V4.0

JM4Designs

Are you running windows 10? We have seen Rasterlink develop problems due to recent updates pushed to W10 computers.You may be able to roll back the last update for Windows or update Rasterlink to the latest rev.
Also, check the firmware revision on the printer. Sometimes when you update Rasterlink it modifies the drivers and it only works correctly with the latest firmware. The latest revision for the CJV150 is currently V4.0
Windows 7... As far as I can tell there weren't any updates when this started.