• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Pricing

Redhawk028

Ok this is my first print job... I am, doing posters for a big event. I got pricing for design and paper. I just don't know what to charge for doing the actual printing... I am doing (75) 11x17, (50) 8 1/2x11 and (200) small hand bills.
The design is complex and is going to use quiet a bit of ink. Can anyone give a rough ball park estimate to point me in the right direction?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Operating on the assumption that you're planning on printing on a wide format machine, here's the direction you should head: uprinting.com, overnightprints.com, and any of a dozen other on-line OFFSET printers.

Whomever you chose, call them, introduce yourself to the staff, and get a trade discount. Try for %20 at which they will balk with such a low volume but they'll all automatically give you 10%. Take whatever price they calculate for the job, less shipping, double it and add back in the shipping. If that's unacceptable to your clients, walk away. Whatever you do, don't run the job as you've described it on a wide format ink jet printer. that's a guaranteed loser. That and you absolutely positively cannot compete, quality-wise, with offset printing for this kind of job. Or price, most likely. Don't do job printing with large format ink-jet tackle.

If you do end up going with an on-line outfit, send them 300ppi RGB jpg files. If they balk at this, some might, stand firm and demand that they deal with it. If necessary, jack up the quantities of each item to a number guaranteed to be produced via offset and not digitally.

If, on the other hand, you're using offset equipment and not large format gear, then never mind.

a77

with those sizes and quantities, this is a job for your local copy/print shop.
(digital, not offset printing)

kanini

As some posters already mentioned make friends with a local (or online) digital printer and collect the cash according to bob:s post. I would never go offset with these quantities, only if the customer really, really insists. Digital Printing today is really good quality for the price.
Good luck!

Redhawk028

Operating on the assumption that you're planning on printing on a wide format machine, here's the direction you should head: uprinting.com, overnightprints.com, and any of a dozen other on-line OFFSET printers.

Whomever you chose, call them, introduce yourself to the staff, and get a trade discount. Try for %20 at which they will balk with such a low volume but they'll all automatically give you 10%. Take whatever price they calculate for the job, less shipping, double it and add back in the shipping. If that's unacceptable to your clients, walk away. Whatever you do, don't run the job as you've described it on a wide format ink jet printer. that's a guaranteed loser. That and you absolutely positively cannot compete, quality-wise, with offset printing for this kind of job. Or price, most likely. Don't do job printing with large format ink-jet tackle.

If you do end up going with an on-line outfit, send them 300ppi RGB jpg files. If they balk at this, some might, stand firm and demand that they deal with it. If necessary, jack up the quantities of each item to a number guaranteed to be produced via offset and not digitally.

If, on the other hand, you're using offset equipment and not large format gear, then never mind.
I will check that out for sure! Thanks everyone I will just have to our source this project, thanks for all the great advice everyone!