Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

print problem

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by agent_k, Sep 17, 2008.

1. agent_k

agent_k New Member

Aug 22, 2008
    i was trying to print somthing cobalt blue but, it keeps coming out purpel. i set the fiel up in corel, then export to flexisign and print it from there. is there anyony who can help thanks

Tags:
  2. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    not sure what profile you using but i have found that an rgb setting of r-0 g-0 b-158 seems to mimick a nice saphire blue in flexi

3. agent_k

agent_k New Member

Aug 22, 2008

4. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Is the art work you created in Corel vector art? What format are you exporting as from Corel? Are you working in RGB or CMYK color mode? Why aren't you designing in Flexi?

5. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    What color management setting are you using in Corel?

6. agent_k

agent_k New Member

Aug 22, 2008
    when i export it i export it as a jpeg bitmaps im trying to use cmyk.

7. agent_k

agent_k New Member

Aug 22, 2008
    even in flexi ill make a box make it the color i want and i still have this problem. Maybe a problem with the printer.

8. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    If at all possible, I suggest keeping your Corel art in vector form an exporting as an .eps. Or you can simply design in Flexi.

Try this. Set up a CMYK color 100/20/0/0 and print the swatch. Try adding Magenta slowly to the mix until you reach your desired Cobalt Blue. You may want to add a bit of Black, too.