• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Profile Books

ChristianRhodes

Does anybody know what I mean when I say print profile book? We have a few binders with all the color possibilites for some of our profiles. It has Cyan going down Magenta going horrizontal in 10 percent increments and every page you flip goes up 10 percent yellow. Does that make sense? I am wondering if it is possible to have the rip software set this up automatically or if I would have to go through and lay it all out by hand? The boss man seems to think its possible but I was not working here when they set those up.

Thanks wise sages ;)

shoresigns

1. Print a swatch sheet from your RIP - i.e. in Versaworks there's 3-4 different kinds you can print, although they're all on one big sheet, not pages.
  2. Google "cmyk colour chart" or "cmyk swatch sheet" etc. and find one that suits your needs, or modify one. I'm guessing you're not getting the results you want searching for "print profile book".
  3. Learn to write scripts in Illustrator to create your own grids of swatches. You probably don't want to waste time setting the colour codes on each swatch one by one.

phototec

Does anybody know what I mean when I say print profile book? We have a few binders with all the color possibilites for some of our profiles. It has Cyan going down Magenta going horrizontal in 10 percent increments and every page you flip goes up 10 percent yellow. Does that make sense? I am wondering if it is possible to have the rip software set this up automatically or if I would have to go through and lay it all out by hand? The boss man seems to think its possible but I was not working here when they set those up.

Thanks wise sages ;)

I don't know what RIP you are using, I have VersaWorks and
Under the 'Media' tab there is 'Color Chips', and you can print out letter size sheets to use to show your customers.

Hope this helps...