• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print quality vs Setup, 6 color or dual CMYK

Myster Enigma

You can flush the LC and LM lines by running cleaning solution and possibly recover them. No guarantee. Same for the metallic and white ink, except that it's almost certain that you'll have to physically replace every component of the ink delivery system for those colors.

I've never done it, but from what I understand, the motherboard dictates the colors, so the printer won't recognize the LC, LM, W, and metallic channels as CMYK. There's a workaround, but I'm not 100% what it is. Could potentially be replacement of the motherboard?

I think there's a forum specifically for Roland printers, you may want to check there. I'm sure there are some folks that have experience doing this conversion.

Thank you. Fortunately the sellers had 2 VS540i's and one of them had the Dual CMYK setup. They told me that the conversion is quite straightforward if I ever wanted to change it. They are one of the biggest print and cut refurbishers in England and they had well over 200k worth of machines in the warehouse :O. I was contemplating on the VG540 which was only an extra £1000.00 but they told me that the VS series is still faster and that the Ricoh printheads gave them more problems. All in all I'm really happy and the speed difference is way above my SP540v :)