Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Print result size is less than the size I want to print

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by keong, Sep 14, 2020.

1. keong

keong New Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Malaysia
    I'm using mimaki uv printer (sij-320) and print out the result size which is fewer than the size that I want to print, especially I print long feed size of tarpolin.for example, I want print out 193" feed size but I print out the size is 192.5" which is less than 0.5 inch to actual size I want to print.
    Do anyone can suggest the solution to fix it?
    Thanks

2. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Should be a way to adjust media feed. It's not unusual for longer prints to vary in size as media feed is "fickle" thing. Too much will cause longer prints and too little will cause shorter

3. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    And if it's not a feed issue there's usually a compensation tool for shrinkage in RIP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    We use a compensation % within Caldera for ours.

• Like Like x 1
  5. keong

keong New Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Malaysia
    Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. Do you have trick or technique to adjust media feedcomp accurately and quickly for particular media material instead of using test and trial ?

6. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Its test and trial. Self Adhesive vinyl will stretch or shrink at a different rate than banner. Its all on you to figure that one out based on your specific medias.