• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Rip errors with HP 210 Latex & FlexiCloud...

EmpireGFX.com

I have been getting rip errors lately when sending jobs to print from Flexi Cloud to my HP 210 Latex printer. I called up HP and they said it was either an error with the software or a networking issue. I'm kind of at a loss as to what we can do to fix this problem and I am hesitant to send any large jobs with the possibility of it canceling and wasting ink/media. Anyone else out there experience this issue and have some suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help guys!

dypinc

Are you getting error codes on the printer?

Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Do the errors show up on the RIP?

If so what do the errors report, or anything showing in the log files?

EmpireGFX.com

Are you getting error codes on the printer?

Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Do the errors show up on the RIP?

If so what do the errors report, or anything showing in the log files?

Yes..

61:09 - Unexpected end of job. Cancelling current job.
63:05 - Job canceled for lack of data received from the RIP. If problem persists, check configuration of RIP computer.

I tried changing the IP address for the printer to see if that would help but I still seem to be getting the errors.

dypinc

IP address of printer not likely the issue as long as it has a unique one.

Check network connections and cables.

Make sure router or network switch is not failing.

Test direct network connection between RIP and Printer. Printer at least should support auto crossover for direct cable connection.

Use Task Manager, and check that something is not using up network resources on the RIP computer. I am assuming you're rebooting RIP on regular basis.

airborneassault

Does it happen on every job you try to print? Are you printing a large amount of multiples such as a huge quantity of small decals? I've been having the exact same issue but I was printing 500+ small decals at a time, dropped the qty below 500 and problem solved, but I am in onyx.

EmpireGFX.com

Does it happen on every job you try to print? Are you printing a large amount of multiples such as a huge quantity of small decals? I've been having the exact same issue but I was printing 500+ small decals at a time, dropped the qty below 500 and problem solved, but I am in onyx.

It is happening even when sending one file (that isn't even a large file). For the life of me, I can't figure out what the deal is. I am going to try to get the computer to hook up to the printer directly and see if that helps at all. I figure it will at least bypass the networking via the router, modem & switch. Wish me luck!

EmpireGFX.com

IP address of printer not likely the issue as long as it has a unique one.

Check network connections and cables.

Make sure router or network switch is not failing.

Test direct network connection between RIP and Printer. Printer at least should support auto crossover for direct cable connection.

Use Task Manager, and check that something is not using up network resources on the RIP computer. I am assuming you're rebooting RIP on regular basis.

We checked all the connections and everything seems fine as far as the cables. Router is less than 2 weeks old (Apple Time Machine 3TB) and Modem (Ubee) was replaced back in July. The network switch was also replaced in August or September so it shouldn't need to be replaced already. I'm on the phone with Flexi Support to try and get the printer to hook up directly to the RIP computer to see if that helps or not. Any other ideas/tips while I'm stuck messing with this stuff? Thanks for the help!

dypinc

Has this started after any of this hardware had been replaced.

Is IPv6 turned on in the Router?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I had this problem a while back. I ended up changing the IP address on the printer and then referencing that in the RIP settings. Worked ever since. Don't ask me why....something with the network didn't approve of the original IP address that was set.

mrugen

Try this

Two things to try:

1. Go o EDIT then choose Preferences then TOOLS TAB. Untick as below:

Try printing again. If this does not clear it up, change it back.

OR

2. Create a NEW printer setup duplicating the original and try printing a file.

If the above doesn't work, definitely network, firewall some sort of system communication glitch.

Attachments

• 2014-11-14_9-28-54.png
    2014-11-14_9-28-54.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 260