• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Server question for pros

Wrapture

To sum up, each printer do need print-server service ...

Correct. That's not what you said the first time.

You said:

If you have Mutoh, Mimaki, Roland printers on the network; then you would need each print server device installed on each one of this large format printer!

I stand by my statement. EachNeedsPrintServerDevice=False

Understand something, I post here to help people, not to impress anyone with what I know. We can talk binary or hex all day long but that does not help anyone here better their shop network configuration. Speaking plain English does.

For those that want the cliff notes:

Each USB device (Printer or Cutter) needs individual host service which can be achieved by one device.

I understand this is a common print shop issue and I will be happy to help anyone understand how to make this work. I've posted my phone number above.

Peace.

Fuzzbuster

OK...OK dudes...:help

I REALLY DO appreciate the help

Wrap!
I`ll send you some pics with my delema

I might take you up on that phonecall
I`ll make sure its my dime:thumb:

This is a real PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frustrated:

Why dont they all use ethernet...its way faster than usb 2.0
isthe code from the rips different from USB and ethernet? WTF:banghead:

Wrapture

BBQ, I understand what you are saying, and on a microscopic level you are correct. Especially if the "device" you mentioned is the USB driver chip inside of the "device" I mentioned, in which case we are both correct.

My point is that you are speaking so far above the average person that you are not accomplishing the goal of helping the person who needs help.

If the original poster understood on a binary level what you're saying then they would not have posted up with such a simple problem. You hearing me?

I will say it again, you are correct, but it appears English may not be your native Language and that combined with the fact that you're not speaking on a layman's level is not helping the average shop owner better their configuration.

Last edited:

Wrapture

Yes, you right, and you are perfect in your writing! And I guess you are speaking as an American! We will fix that in a few years!
mexico.gif
Leave the border open! Or doesn't really matter, no one want to do the triple D jobs!

Wow. How about this, I'll be happy to help anyone who calls or emails me.

I will not waste my time in an America bashing thread. I am glad you have shown your true colors though.

Peace

DigitalBBQ

Why can't we all get along! Thought this posting is on the WorldWideWeb ? Come on, don't pick on the individual's differences language or whatever true color, just stay on the topic! :Canada 2::mexico::Australia:unclesam::help

Wrapture

Why can't we all get along! Thought this posting is on the WorldWideWeb ? Come on, don't pick on the individual's differences language or whatever true color, just stay on the topic! :Canada 2::mexico::Australia:unclesam::help

Let me get this straight, you insult America, then post about staying on topic and getting along?

Keep on showing those colors Buddy.

DigitalBBQ

Seem like you have more right to say about others! Insulting America ???? By what, this , "you are speaking as an American and using the perfect English!" But it's o.k. for you to mention true color ? What color has to do this this networking printers ?

DigitalBBQ

It seems that you have more right to comment others.

This is why it is important to stay on the topic and if the original comments or post isn't saying anything else but purely on the topic. May be the detail in writing wasn't so perfect but that doesn't give you the right to insult either ( insult was your word )