• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print shifting to left with each pass

tsgstl

Mutoh 1204
Flexi 8.5v1 and RIP
Material doesn't make a difference

I am at my wits end with this problem.
I am printing full coverage and after 4'-7' it starts shifting to the left. Then it starts printing lines off the page.
I worked on this everyday since last Saturday and finally by Thursday afternoon I had to put it aside and work on other jobs. It seems to be a problem with full coverage. Thursday and Friday it ran all day long doing everything from banners to decals to yard signs at least 100' of vinyl no problem. I thought maybe it was a file problem so I have printed everything you can possibly print. I have used every profile every setting. All test prints come out perfect. I have wasted at least 100' and of material and 30+ hours on this problem. Is it something going out? I just don't know what other direction to take. I have never had this problem since I have had it in 08.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 85
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 65

tsgstl

Thanks man I'm driving back up to the shop to try that. I have cleaned everything else but not that.

Letterbox Mike

Just make sure you only use a lint free cloth lightly dampened with water, distilled water if you can get your hands on it. DO NOT use any sort of solvent or abrasive cleaner on it.

tsgstl

Oh man thanks I would of searched before I did it but if I couldn't find it I would of used a cracked open cleaner cartridge. I have distilled water right here. Always have lint free clothes. Thanks again!

goldlight

service engineer
encoder scale

ur encoder scale is shifted to right lose all scrow which hold encoder scale movw the scale to right posoition and fix the holding screw u will see the result>>>
:clapping:

tsgstl

it was the encoder strip actually. I cleaned the strip with distilled water like mentioned above and it has been perfect since. Thank You