• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Shop customer rules

Bumblebee58627

Hi All

I've been running my print shop for 4 years now, and this year has become very busy as i gained a lot of customers.

But I have to set rules, as customers don't understand designs cost money, and that there are turn around times.
I just want to ask, what are general rules to customers when running a print business?

Thanks in advance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • Outline all of your costs and procedures.
  • Deposit up front on entire project.
  • Set your time frame(s) upfront.
  • Do what you say you are going to do.
  • Collect balance when finished..... not upon pickup.

tommythesignguy

I have one similar to this above my desk.

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 273

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Have valid options for when your printer goes down. Whether that's having another printer around the shop or a good source in the wholesale world, you should be able to finish a job no matter what. Customers don't care that your printer is down. They just want the product on time. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I hear, "Please you have to help me! My printer is down and I have a $20,000 job to get out by the weekend!" I love it when I can help but sometimes when there are back orders or any other problem, my hands are tied.