• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Shop Window layout

CheapVehicleWrap

should it be something that focuses on what the business does like what Chiproller posted above or should it be something that kind of has nothing to do with the actual business but is eye catching...more along the lines of what wrapswrapswraps is talking about?

Actually, mine is VERY relevant. It's an alternative energy company.

Erin

Sorry...that didn't come across properly...I didn't mean to say yours wasn't relevant to what you are doing with it...I meant should I do a layout that isn't really print relevant but instead very eye catching like your design on this print shop window.
Does that make sense?

Jillbeans

I like the perf idea but posters would be easier to change out.
And every time you change them people would notice.
The red things are new blinds.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 94

JasperST

That looks good Jill, it makes sense. I'd also put some (minimal) white copy in front of the red blinds.

I hope the customer is paying for the extra time involved because this is really a marketing decision.
People pay for that service, designing and producing it are separate issues.

Erin

Thanks Jill...I like that idea. The red blinds themselves would be very eye catching. Like Jasper said...maybe a little bit of white text in front of the red blinds would be good.
I like the idea of the posters as well so they can be changed to advertise different specials and/or services.

I got a pretty decent sized deposit from the customer last night, so I know they are serious about this and they are willing to pay for the time involved.

SurfaceSigns

Erin, for what it's worth to you, I try to track our clients signage "Return on Investment" and can tell you that the biggest response/satisfaction comes from those that utilize their window space to it's fullest with a full colour window wrap. Simple text and big images that grab attention to their business. Window Perf is my best friend in this regard.

The worst performers are the clients that are "on a budget" and go with cut vinyl lettering. That type of client also tends to want a ton of lettering on their windows, like your 4th example. With so much lettering, the message just gets lost.

The job of the signage is to grab attention and get people through the door, and nothing beats well designed, full colour window wraps.

300mphGraphics

If the blinds are always closed anyway, I'd use full vinyl print instead of perf. I have both on my windows to show the difference.

signgal

If the blinds are always closed anyway, I'd use full vinyl print instead of perf. I have both on my windows to show the difference.
:goodpost: super idea and selling point (for one's own shop anyway) but that's a good point about the blinds and the vinyl's more vibrant than the perf, although chiproller's look pretty vibrant.

Des6139

just an idea
The world is is your lobster on this one:wine-smi:

Attachments

• 003 copy.jpg
    003 copy.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 105

luggnut

Make sure to check your local sign codes!! ours doesn't allow more than 6sq ft per window and i did a complete perf job on mine and the city is said i have to remove it... but i met with the mayor and the city council and they decided i could leave it but don't do anymore in town!!!!