• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print size

I-Style

Help!!!!

We run a BE3000 which is a modified jf-1631 the hight adjustment is extended on it the rest is the same.

My problem: I print a picture in Rasterlink the dimension is 599 x 400 mm my printed picture is 599 x 399
a Canvas which should had an outcome of 1540 x104 became 1535 x 1030 mm
I use Rasterlink 4

Any Idea?

MikePro

Metric system?!?
I'm assuming you're losing width on your Y-axis? My printer does the same thing, and I have yet to find a setting that will change the default 1.5-inch margin on the starting side of my printer.
(60inch printer, but I'm only allowed to print ~58inches?!? owell)

I've cheated it before, however, by adding a tab to my material when I load it (turning my 54inch into a "56inch") so that I fool the printer into scanning it as a wider material... so that when it buries the 1.5inch margin during the print... it is still printing right at the edge of my material.

Once scanned and printing starts, you can remove the tab... just make sure your material is loaded squarely, so you don't end up laying ink down on your printer when the material shifts.

MikePro

oh! your rip software scaled down your print automatically? Did you have your correct media size set in the software? My rip software will automatically scale my print if I don't set it to as wide as my print media.

wildside

I have yet to find a setting that will change the default 1.5-inch margin on the starting side of my printer.
(60inch printer, but I'm only allowed to print ~58inches?!? owell)

adjust your margins, you should be able to adjust your margins down on the control panel, also in the rip too, i know on ours 54" media defaults to printing 51.8", we just told it that it is 53" available printing and works just fine

ABPGraphics

Dang. I have a 30 inch printer and I think you guys are crazy trying to go right to the edge. I always give my sp300v at least a good half inch on either side of the pinch rollers and some times it's a dang good thing I did.

I-Style

Thanks for the quick reply, the BE3000 is a Flatbed so media size is always the same it just goes for print size.

rank