• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print test

groutch

SC-500 Roland, when I do a test print all my other colors are good I have one or two missing some lines but my black the lines our all distorted they are not smooth had consistence. Do you think that maybe my head remplace.:beer:Canada:

sfr table hockey

I have had the odd time on a test print that there were a few lines spraying off a bit and a couple of cleanings would cure it. If you are still having issues after ( up to 10 cleanings ) then you might look at a new print head. It's hard to get things alligned when the heads are not working propper and not printing the test patterns so you can read them.

Make sure the wipers are either new or in good shape. They are cheap and if the wipers are not cleaning the heads they might cause the spray to be off. Are the wipers in there the regular black ones or the solvent ones?

The CJ or SC 500 can really print nice so don't give up and think they can't.

Spiderx1

I had this problem seveal times on a SP300-V. Black print head has displaced nozzles due to dried ink between the nozzles. Multiple strong cleaning or soaking in the caps did not work. I have a method that I used that finally worked well. Different machine so I will generalize. I unplugged the machine, so not chance of electrons in the wrong place. On mine I can lower the caps from the printhead manually using a special tool that goes in and you crank the caps down. Then you can manually move the printheads to a maintenance position, all the way on the left on mine. I then use the roland cleaning solution and a small tray, mine was very expensive Nestles Quick powder mix top. In the shape of a small tray. Filled with cleaner and placed under the print head then raised so the print head soaks in the fluid. I used the cleaning bottle to hold it in position. Let soak for 12 hours, after 1 hour check fluid level. I also removed my ink cart and replaced with old empty carts so if any fluid is pulled from the cleaning tray it goes there. Not in the good ones. After I wiped head clean, not on the nozzle section, with cleaning swabs, did to powerful cleans to get all the loose ink out and cleaning fluid. After about 3 test prints it was back to good as new. Note I was down to replacing the head $1500, so I had nothing to lose. Also check with a company called Printhead 911. They do a great job, but you need to remove and replace your printhead. Cost around 300-400. To have them clean your head. Good luck. contact me a randy@dhawk.com for questions.

Spiderx1

Forgot to mention you may want to palce a rag soaked with cleaning solution over the caps to keep them moist while the heads are soaking, assuming you have those.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
take your syringe, add 3" of tubing to the end and draw about a teaspoon/tablespoon of cleaning fluid into the syringe.

slide the printhead to an open area, place paper towel under the head.

take the damper off, place the tube on the nipple and watch under the head as you push the fluid through the head. the streams of fluid will be randomly spraying different directions, until it opens up, then they will stream straight down.

you have successfully flushed the head. put damper back on and run two cleaning cycles.

Biker Scout

Where are you guys getting syringes? I had a heck of a time getting a syringe in my area. I seriously would have taken one from a junkie if I could have found one of those too! :glasses:

I went to several Pharmacies and was told the same thing... not without a prescription. Explaining what I was trying to do obviously didn't matter. I'm sure they've heard it all. So finally I got smart with one of them and asked, "What if I was in fact a junkie, but just wanted clean needles, you'd turn me away too?" That just got me a blank stare.

I ended up at the feed store and buying a parvo shot kit for $4.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
http://www.techwaytechnology.com/first.html

haven't used them in a few years, but when i get a bunch of parts in, i usually go here and add a few syringes from them, they have the best ones.

i have bought heads, dampers, wipers, capping stations & of course syringes from them. shipping is a bear, but if you get enough parts, you $ave

groutch

I guys I was thinking about what you were talking about I have cleaning
cartridge from Roland when I bought my SP300, I still have them I was thinking maybe I can put one in my SC 500 on the black that the color is
distorted and do 2 or 3 powerful cleaning until I get the cleaning solution
to the head leave it sit for 24 hours and do couple of more power cleaning
do you think that would work,just a tough.:Canada:

sfr table hockey

If you are doing that you might want to just use a syringe and attach it to the black line and draw enough to get the cleaning fluid to the end of the line in the dampers and then attach it back to the print head and do several regular cleanings to fill the print head. The powerful clean will drain all the ink from all lines and wastes a pile of ink. You also could suck out a bit of the cleaning fluid and keep it for doing stuff like that later.

Sounds like you have had a head crash and possibly damaged the black head. USe your swabs and solvent to see if you can clean the head back to shape, but if it's damaged there isn't much you can do. The syringe works if the head isn't damaged...I'd sure try this first, then hang your head and reach for your wallet....(sorry)