• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print while ripping...

anax

...or rip while printing- I don't remember now:) But tjh question is if anyone tried it in Versa. Sometimes ripping takes a lot of time, so maybe I could start to print earlier...
regards
anax

sfr table hockey

I don't use versa works but I would think it's similar to the rest. When I rip and print it starts printing sooner but then the rip takes longer and at times the printing caught up to the rip and all slowed down... (I know... on a CJ 500 to slow down even more, is almost a stop)

The speed of your computer is as much to do as far as I know. On a faster computer the rip and print may work better.

Not sure if you timed both methods if you would see much difference.

Malkin

Perhaps this is not what you mean, but I routinely rip the next job to print while the first one is printing, then it's ready to go.

Aldir

I use versa and it works fine for me on emergencial situations only. The thing is that if any problem, as insignificant as it can be, occurs on the network, the print is blown up. Also in order to do that you gotta have a PC that works faster than your printer as "sfr table hockey" said.
On a normal day workflow I opt for ripping the first job and send it to the printer, when it starts, i put the next one ripping and so on.

anax

I just wanted to know if ti works:) in most situations I do as you said: first work rip and print, and then rip while printing first job.
regards
Anax

nate

I just wanted to know if ti works:) in most situations I do as you said: first work rip and print, and then rip while printing first job.
regards
Anax
It does work. Two things I've found: 1) It doesn't seem to work on Nest jobs (it works as normal-- rips then prints) and 2) It doesn't save the RIP file for later use (so if you print again you'll be ripping again).

Other than that it works as advertised.