• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printable chrome vinyl

Davidomilligan

ok so I'm trying to make some chrome metallic decals for a friend. but id also like to print on some colored chrome like red or orange as well. I see that there is a lot of different chrome colors for wraps is that printable material?

IsItFasst

I use the R-Tape as well. But I've printed on other chrome stuff that isn't rated for printing (Eco-solvent) with okay results. What I've learned is you need to laminate so the ink doesn't scratch off. I also try to leave about 1/8" chrome edge (or more) as the ink can sometimes cause the edge to curl. Also, make sure the heat isn't too high as that seems to cause the same issue.

JaySea20

When I did this, I just laminated the Chrome Vinyl, printed on the laminate and then laminated again. Worked Well. Those decals are still on his bike. Looks just like anodized polished Green aluminum