Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printable Holographic Adhesive Vinyls?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by StickerGuy83, Feb 25, 2020.

1. StickerGuy83

StickerGuy83 Member

Sep 25, 2019
    new jersey
    I've been having a hard time finding holographic printable adhesive vinyls (for stickers/decals).
    Wondering if anyone has had experience with this, printing with latex printers.

Pros/Cons? Experiences? Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Print on clear... Apply.it to the holographic material. Pretty much the only way with a latex, and has been discussed a few times in the past month.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StickerGuy83

StickerGuy83 Member

Sep 25, 2019
    new jersey
    Just read up on that now. That process seems time consuming and a bit more expensive. Thanks for the info.

4. ikarasu

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    It is. But they don't make a latex printable holographic. Most are UV only , a few may be solvent compatible.... But your choices are pretty much UV, screenprinting or printing on clear. It'd be nice if there was a latex compatible.... Closest you can get is gansdigitals holographic window perf.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    I carry that, shoot me a PM with your info and I will get you dialed in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ikarasu

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    I thought the only holo vinyl you sell is rtape? I don't believe the rtape is latex compatible... At least it's not listed as such.

7. TomK

TomK Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Virginia
    I'd like more info as well, as long as it isn't the rtape stuff. I tried that on my latex and it didn't go so well. Also waiting for the UCJV price too please.

8. Greg Kelm

Greg Kelm Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Find someone to print them UV and avoid the headache...

Attached Files:

9. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Yes its the rtape, but I have been able to print it, looks funky without opaque inks is all.

10. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Yeah its the rtape stuff. My samples will be available soon though. Our tech is looking at what needs to be done on our demo unit so he can quote it out. He needs a few days.