Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printable Media that Sticks to Fabrics

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by CasesBySource, Sep 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CasesBySource

CasesBySource New Member

May 8, 2015
    New Jersey
    Hello

I am looking for some printable media that will stick to fabrics. https://stickymonkeylabels.com/stick-on-clothing-labels/ I am looking for roll material for my HP 360L latex printer. The fabrics I want to stick to are soft bags, canvas bags. The intent is for id purposes during manufacturing. It just needs to stick. Can anyone suggest anything?

Flexcon offered something called compucel excel 21449 and 3M suggested 3690E. Ideally it would need to
    be thin with aggressive adhesion and latex printable.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Tags:
  2. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    these don't stick to fabric, they stick to the polyester labels already on the garment.

Must be applied to garment care tags or tagless imprints inside clothing.

3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    So its temporary right?

4. Jay Kroll

Jay Kroll New Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You can try a High-Tack Removable adhesive film--General Formulations 212 was designed for low-pile carpet graphics with 1.5mil of a HTR adhesive that will cleanly remove from fabric, but is still quite aggressive. It's latex, solvent, and UV compatible. The profile is on the GF website here: http://www.generalformulations.com/...files/Digital-Media/Matte-White-PVC-Perm-(17)

A step up from that is 285 or 287 RoughMark (white or matte clear, respectively) that is a more conformable vinyl with 2mil of that HTR adhesive.

5. Monette

Monette New Member

Sep 8, 2019
    LA
    A company called Siser has. Product called Siser Color Matte PU. It is printable on eco sol as
    Well as Latex. It is a HTV product( heat transfer vinyl) you must apply to fabric with a heat press or
    Hand held heat press. It prints beautifully and adheres well to fabric. I get it from GSG Graphic Solutions Group. You can check it out at Siserna.com. Roland sells a printable material as well.