Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printable patch media to sew onto leather race suits.

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Bly, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    I have a friend who makes & repairs leather motorbike outfits and asked if I could print some patches for her to sew onto them.
    Yes, I know there's no money in it but I like her and would like to do her a favour.
    I did a couple of small ones on some banner media but she showed me a sample which looked like a vinyl face but a soft spongy baking.
    She said it came from Italy..

Anyone?

Tags:
  2. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    A few picks might help. We do biker patches with a scrim felt on the back. It helps keep them stiff.

3. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    No pics. I think they are mainly brand logos etc.
    The stuff she showed me looked like matt pvc banner on the front but it felt soft and had a spongy fabric like backing.

4. Welder.man

Welder.man Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Australia
    Convex do a pro-patch, I am sure I have a sample of it somewhere for mu Gerber, I will have a look and if I can find it I will give it a try. http://www.convexvinyl.com/propatch.html or I have sew on patches for my dye sub that come in a variety of sizes and shapes.

5. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Thanks. I'll look that up.

6. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    that sounds like the backing is a type of pad rather than a traditional backing so it becomes part of the garment when sewn into it.

7. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    WOW, this opens up a whole new customer base, I'm going to have to try this out.

Pro-Patch Sewable Graphics & Decals • Use your existing equipment to print patches

Pro-Patch with matching laminates provide a way for companies with digital printing capabilities to make custom graphics that are sealed and protected from the elements. Once printed, you can sew Pro-Patch into garments, bags or other textiles for advertising, sponsorship, or identification.

• Motorcycle seats
    • Cross Bar covers
    • Team uniform patches
    • Bar stool covers
    • Automotive headrests
    • Bags & backpacks
    • Football rain coats
    • Paintball duffle bags
    • WaterCraft seats
    • Recreational vehicles
    • Water skiing vests
    • Surfing rash shirts