Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printable reflective heat transfer for polos?

Discussion in 'Printwear' started by Andy D, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I am brand spanking new to heat transferring printed graphics to clothes and hats, but I'm
    wanting to get into it.
    I have a customer who is a law official, he brought me three shirts to have embroidered, but
    that's not enough for my embroidery vendor. I want to help him out and I want to try some heat pressing,
    so I got him to agree to vinyl transfers, but he wants reflective if we can do it.

I know a guy who has a heat press, is there a printable reflective vinyl? If so, can someone suggest
    a supplier that sells short rolls of it? Would I need to do anything to the graphics after printing and cutting,
    before heat pressing it?

Thanks for any help.

Tags:
  2. Greg Kelm

Greg Kelm Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Siser is first to come to mind. Do you have any way to cut HTM?

3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    We buy in reflective HTV then just layer on any designs. It’s a PITA but it works. Naturally, the more intricate the designs, the more annoying it is!

4. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
  5. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
  6. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Specialty materials has a printable reflective. I'm not sure if it meets any regulations though. They also have a product called Reflection Protection that is specifically for police, construction workers etc. although I don't know if it is printable.

7. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Thank you for all of the responses, I contacted Specialty materials to see if I could get a sample, do they sell directly or do they sell through retail suppliers?

8. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    If you don't have a local dealer they will sometimes sell directly but they will either recommend one or just sell it to you direct.