• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printable Specialty Vinyl - Chrome, Metallic, Etc - What Brand?? For Eco Solvent

miltondavis

Does anybody have a suggestions of a wide format - 48" and larger (54" ideal) Printable specialty vinyl such as
Chrome, Mirror, Metallic, brushed, or any shiny Silver style adhesive backed vinyls.

Specifically I want a OUTDOOR DURABLE print optimized solution for my Roland XR-640 (eco sol maxx 2 inkset)

Before I go down the list of 3m, Avery, Arlon, FDC, etc. I have yet to find one of these companies that promotes use of printing direct to these medias,
please let me know if you have done the trial on error on one of the mfgs above and have seen good adhesion results.

I am aware of Rtapes Vinylefx that are printable but they are for INDOOR use and extreme short term use, so not what Im looking for.

Thanks,

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
RTape VinylEFX comes in both Decorative and Outdoor rated versions.
Decorative lasts about 6 months in Texas rated sunlight, haven't had any Outdoor rated installed long enough to fail just yet.

niksagkram

RTape VinylEFX comes in both Decorative and Outdoor rated versions.
Decorative lasts about 6 months in Texas rated sunlight, haven't had any Outdoor rated installed long enough to fail just yet.

RTape prints great... BUT...... do not print right to the edge of your decal! It WILL curl, even after lamination and installation... found out the hard way after doing a bunch of cranes and equipment!
:covereyes:

Mark

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
RTape prints great... BUT...... do not print right to the edge of your decal! It WILL curl, even after lamination and installation... found out the hard way after doing a bunch of cranes and equipment!
:covereyes:

Mark

We also found this out the hard way. Leave a 3/16" border or it will curl... or just print with a UV or foil printer and you'll be fine.
(Eco)Solvent causes the material to shrink up on itself at the edges.