Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printable Vinyl preferences for decals?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Stormyj, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Stormyj

Stormyj Member

Jan 20, 2014
    NW Indiana
    Hi all,
    I have been using this material for years for decals, but it is very thin and is not ideal for printing decals. I cant have dark colors to edge of decal or the edges will roll in. it is very thin, 2 mil, and if you dont apply it right away, it just is difficult to handle.
    What are your guys preferences when printing decals. I usually get from several hundred to maybe a thousand decals at a time. I want something a little thicker, 3 mil? maybe? Any opinions advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Jim

Earl Mich On Line Catalog

2. Stormyj

Stormyj Member

Jan 20, 2014
    NW Indiana
    Nevermind. using General Formulations 203

3. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    I do a really nice 5 Mil, let me send you a roll. If you don't love it you wont pay for it!

4. TomK

TomK Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Virginia
    Josh, would love to test some of your wallpaper/removable product, waiting on PM replies from ya for awhile now.

5. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    While we're at it, I'm still waiting on that sample roll of poster material.

6. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Yeah I know me too, it will be in anyday now. These were coming in slow boat but didn't make the last shipment.

7. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Lol yes that one is in now, if it didn't leave Friday it will leave this week.

8. strypguy

strypguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Carroll, Iowa
    I was sent a test roll awhile back and then I was sent a bill for shipping?

9. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Normally we ship them out on the clients UPS# for samples, how much was it? I will give you a credit no problem, did you ever get a chance to run the sample?