• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printable Vinyl

DAVE KEPHART

Do They Make A Printable Vinyl That You Can Do Multiple Colors From A Printer And The Cut It Out On A Gx-24?whats The Best Cutting Blade/angle For The Gx-24 Mainly On Vinyls.?

Thanks

DAVE KEPHART

No Its Not,the Question Is.....on The Gx-24 You Can Scan An Multiple Colored Image And Send It To Print And Then Using The Optic Scanner Cuthe The Image Out.is There A Vinyl /ink Combination That Work To Do This .its Done With Iron On T-shrt Materil ,but Can It Be Done With Vinyl.

PGSigns

What printer are you thinking of using? And I don't think so on your cutter, if I am right it does not have the optical registration sensor you would need on it. 45 degree blade for most vinyl.
Jimmy
Looks like you are new to this so :Welcome:to signs 101

DAVE KEPHART

Oh I'm New To The Cutter /sortware Stuf,and Determained To Use It To Its Full Potential.the Gx-24 Does Have An Optic Sensor ,you Can Send Images Directly To Your Desk Top Printer The Run It Through The Gx And It Will Cut Out The Image. My Desire Is To Cut Out An Image On Vinyl .

Thanks For The Help.

jiarby

You can print right on a 24" roll of Oracal 651, and then contour cut it using the registration marks (either from Onyx or Corel/Illy)

That's how we all make bumper stickers & window decals...plus the laminating.

Are you saying that you are printing on vinyl in your desktop printer... I doubt it! You have to drop about 10-15k for a printer that will do this.

With the t-shirts transfers you are printing on transfer paper using sublimation inks, printing on vinyl is a different animal.

TheSnowman

Yeah, cuttin' out vinyl that you've printed is an everyday thing...but you must not have the equipment to do it right because I'm pretty sure you would know if you dropped the coin to do it.

DAVE KEPHART

what i was trying to find out is there a vinyl /ink combo for simple printers .. if not lets invent it and make a ton of dough. I know of the big magic gazillion dollar machines,real nice ,but not my market.

Kevin T

That's because you don't have a market. You have a dumb idea. Did it occur to you if there was a vinyl/ink combo for simple printers that no one would need to come to you anyway? Silly rabbit!

Last edited:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Try this,
>Refill your empty desktop printer cartridges with some solvent inks.
>Cut up some inkjet receptive vinyl into 8.5x11 pieces and put them in the holder.
> Before the printer advances the vinyl, heat it up real good with a heat gun.

Post back the results.

TheSnowman

You've gotta love it. We see one of these every couple weeks it seems like. It's normally a "sticker maker" for family and friends.

DAVE KEPHART

i think the answer is a simple no,but ,i had to ask.how else can i learn.I don't know all the limitations of this media ,yet.Damn it Jim, I'm a body man not a sign maker.