• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printable Wrapping Paper

nikdoobs

I'm looking to print some wrapping paper (like the stuff used on presents) from our Mimaki CJV30-16. Is there a product out there for this?

Maybe a better question, is there a color profile that I can use to print on brown pattern paper that will keep detail in the print?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The Internet is full of cool ideas on how to create masterpiece wraps but trust me, it's not the best idea when it comes to saving money. The cost per page of the average home printer is considerably higher than it would be for an equivalent amount of commercial gift wrap.

Its a good thing we are not using the average home printer then......

Of course even with our average wide format sign shop printers it is still not at all economical is comparison to mass produced commercial gift wrap. That being said, I forget what paper it was but we have done it in the past for very short runs of small gift we have given out to some of our clients before.

solock

we use Buy Plotter Paper Rolls | Eco-Friendly 20lb Inkjet Bond on an epson aqueous printer at 60-70% opacity to reduce the ink quantities and improve its drying time.

Its like 0.053/sqft, we run 2 or 4 2'x6' strips, wrap them on 2" cores and shrinkwrap over for packaging, Total cost into a 12' run packed is like $11. Retails at $30, coupon brings it down to $24 when we blast it out on facebook ads...

Not a bad product or margin as long as you dont price it too cheap. Its full bleed and autocut on a 9890, virtually no labor, really simple templates to drop the customer image or logo into.