• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printed adhesive vinyl for me masking...

GP

We have a large print/cut job for interior walls.

We generally print on Oracal - but the RLA mask doesn't stick very well to the backing paper.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternate adhesive vinyl material that is better suited for large masking jobs? There are very large panels high off the ground and I would rather not fumble with it.

Thanks.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I'm not understanding your question - you want a different vinyl that has a backing paper that tape will stick to? Most backers are slick, nothing is going to really stick to backing paper. And you didn't specify what Oracal you use.

MikePro

you're not gonna find a backing paper that medium tack transfer mask will adhere to.

my trick, especially for large graphics, is to leave a 1+" vinyl box/border around my weeded graphic to be masked.
the vinyl border keeps the mask from curling at the edges and helps hold everything as a square-sheet while fumbling with it during install.