Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printed colors don't match sample

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by Aireana, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Aireana

Aireana New Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Hi everyone,

I have never had this issue before, and can not find any solutions/explanations as to why this is happening.
    My final prints are not matching my sample, even though I used all the same settings/profiles. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix this?

Tags:
  2. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    What exactly do you do when you create a sample print? Tell us the process and it will be easier to figure out where something might have gone wrong.

3. dukebrown

dukebrown If they let me make it, they will come

Sep 19, 2011
    rosenberg,tx
    Believe it or not, temperature humidity and dry time will create a variation of color even if profiles are the same. Picture would help too

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    We've had prints with the same file and media shift colour the same day because of conditions. Colour matching is a pain, and if you're rerunning say 1 panel of a mural, it's often less hassle just to rerun the whole thing. Sometimes it's fine though, not a perfect science.

I've had to play with the colour balance of a file to get it to match because I had no other choice.

5. Age of your heads matters greatly. A new head will produce more consistent colors, older heads have a life of there own, sometime individual nozzles fire when they feel like it producing a slightly different color.

IMHO

6. FireSprint

FireSprint Merchant Member

Is your shop climate controlled? Dukebrown nailed it for a problem we saw a few years back. Customer purchased a batch of screen printed signs in December and again in July. We had to totally reformulate the ink to get the color consistent. We don't deal with this as much on the digital side, but our digital shop is climate controlled.