• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printed ink problems

signpainter51

I made 18 by 24 coroplasts sign. I made about 50. They were dry. The customer stacked them and they stuck together. So my question is If they were dry why did they stick together. Now I am putting backing between them.

animenick65

If these were in fact done with a solvent printer, then they should be dry enough that this shouldn't happen by the time you mount and cut them. Your ink and dryer settings would have to be wayyyy out of whack for something to not be dry by the time your stacking them.

gabagoo

I guess it really depends on how long they sat and how many were stacked. Also the amount of ink used for printing. I know after a day or so sometimes even when we run decals through the plotter for cutting, as they roll back and forth through the plotter, sometimes they go face to face and then you can hear the horrible sound of them sticking.

B Snyder

There is a big difference between dried and being cured. Putting $.35 worth of laminate on each one gives you peace of mind and your client a better product.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Are these vinyl prints on both sides? If so, you should really consider outsourcing to a merchant member with a direct u/v printer.

ABPGraphics

I don't do screenprinting myself - but the screenprinter I use ALWAYS puts some kind of wax paper inbetween - whether they are one sided or two sided -