Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printed ink problems

Discussion in 'Roland' started by signpainter51, Jan 19, 2010.

1. signpainter51

signpainter51 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Dallas Texas
    I made 18 by 24 coroplasts sign. I made about 50. They were dry. The customer stacked them and they stuck together. So my question is If they were dry why did they stick together. Now I am putting backing between them.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    how dry is dry?

3. signpainter51

signpainter51 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Dallas Texas
    I could touch them and they seemed dry. Could it be that stacking them ink to ink both sides made them stick?

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    yeah - these were screenprinted?

5. animenick65

animenick65 Very Active Member

May 18, 2005
    Boston, MA
    If these were in fact done with a solvent printer, then they should be dry enough that this shouldn't happen by the time you mount and cut them. Your ink and dryer settings would have to be wayyyy out of whack for something to not be dry by the time your stacking them.

6. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I guess it really depends on how long they sat and how many were stacked. Also the amount of ink used for printing. I know after a day or so sometimes even when we run decals through the plotter for cutting, as they roll back and forth through the plotter, sometimes they go face to face and then you can hear the horrible sound of them sticking.

7. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    There is a big difference between dried and being cured. Putting $.35 worth of laminate on each one gives you peace of mind and your client a better product.

8. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Absolutely.

9. Mike Paul

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Are these vinyl prints on both sides? If so, you should really consider outsourcing to a merchant member with a direct u/v printer.

10. ABPGraphics

ABPGraphics Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I don't do screenprinting myself - but the screenprinter I use ALWAYS puts some kind of wax paper inbetween - whether they are one sided or two sided -

11. Mike Paul

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    We're in the Roland forum so I would think they were printed not screened.