• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Printed Perf & Optically Clear Laminate

Centro Graphics

Hi. Loooking for opinions and or experiences with printed perf to glass with optically clear laminate.

So the lam wants to stick thru the holes which is understandable, but we have seen some clear lammed perf that it looks perfect, not sticking thru the holes of the perf. When it does stick thru the holes, it can look kinda ugly. This is either of a few things I guess
  • The ratio of hole to media is less
  • or the lam is a particular brand where it does not stick to the glass thru the holes
Any pointers on experience or advice on a particular brand would be appreciated please.

Thanks

papabud

Lone Wolf
i do it both ways, lam perf or just straight perf. i see a lot of old wrap jobs and i think they quality fails with laminated perf sooner.

Superior_Adam

I personally would never do a vehicle wrap without lam. Rain will fill the holes and you wont be able to see out of the window at all. We use cClearFocus perf 50/50 with Oracal Optically Clear Lam and have never had the lam stick to the windows in the voids.

unclebun

I personally would never do a vehicle wrap without lam. Rain will fill the holes and you wont be able to see out of the window at all. We use cClearFocus perf 50/50 with Oracal Optically Clear Lam and have never had the lam stick to the windows in the voids.

This. Except that we use Avery optically clear laminate on our Clear Focus 50/50. Our neighbor is a glass shop that we did a truck window this way six years ago and it still looks good. I change the one on my truck about every 2-3 years, and it still looks great when I take it off. But I like to change the photo on mine.

bannertime

That's not really as big of a deal as you might think. There are many, many vehicles that only have a windshield, driver, and passenger window. You shouldn't be putting perf on any of those windows anyway.