• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer and/or more for high-end custom packaging

Tatonka

I'm looking to find a good printer/process for printing very small runs ( probably less than 250/month) of high-end custom packaging, mostly sleeves but other styles as well. I do not care one bit about speed, I need the absolute highest print quality possible, especially in greys. It would likely be on a variety of substrates, from cardstock style sheets to specialty papers. The largest size should be roughly 30"x48".

I've received samples from a few printers so far, including the Canon Colorado M, HP R-series, Epson V7000, and SwissQprint. Of those, the only ones that might work are the Epson and the SwissQ. The rest just didn't seem to be able to hit the color gamut and saturation our customers require, presumably due to only being 4- or 6-color machines. I need to be able to get similar (or better) colors as our Epson SC-80600.

I'm open to a multi-machine process as well if anyone has ideas for me. We'll need the ability to apply spot gloss, foils, and embossing/debossing, and soft-touch/satin finishes to these parts, and I have no problem building jigs to line things up in other machines for those steps.