• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer assistance?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I have a HP Color Laser Jet 8550DN printer that I received in exchange for some work I did for an acquaintance. Other than the small amount of reading I've done online, I know next to nothing about it.

I'm curious if anyone has or has had this printer and what it may be worth? I don't have the room for it or the need, for that matter. Search results (here) seem to indicate it may still hold some value.

Any thoughts? I'm not sure what to do with it.

Justin

Any idea what year it is? Prob show on the label on the back where the serial # is. Any idea how many prints it has on it? Does everything on it work?

You can print the configuration sheet that will tell you how many prints, and such..

To print a configuration page from the Color LaserJet 8550:

- Press down on the right side of the Menu button, until you get to INFORMATION.
- Press down on the right side of the Item button until you get to PRINT CONFIGURATION.
- Press Select.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Thanks for responding. It was manufactured Feb. 17, 2000. I need to get a power plug (same as a computer plug) and print the configuration sheet.

Thank you very much.